Testimonials From Happy Krew Members
“My brother ‘Ted’ works at the Home Depot in Downingtown as part of the Ken's Krew program. I just wanted to thank you for all your work with him, and for being so patient and kind. Words cannot describe how much this job means to Ted. It has changed his life and affected the whole family. The Home Depot has given him a place to go every day and tasks to complete. Even small jobs, like sweeping the floor or keeping the shelves neat, give him a great sense of pride. My family and I are touched at the kindness that you and the people in the store have shown to Ted. The small gestures mean so much. I wanted you to know that you have greatly improved the quality of Ted's life, and done a great deal for our family. We are deeply grateful for your work.”
“Hiring persons with disabilities is absolutely the right thing to do. It benefits The Home Depot by giving us a reason for feeling great about how we are supporting these young adults. Others get to see that a person with a disability is productive and should not be defined by what they can't do. Their success is reflected in their faces and influences other workers. It is a win-win for us all. There is absolutely no negative impact on the bottom line. I get what I pay for with these associates. They understand responsibility. They do their job to completion.”
Dave (Manager at The Home Depot)
Individuals & Families
Our Krew members take great pride in their work and all of their accomplishments.
- More than 700 individuals have been trained and placed in jobs.
- Nearly 100 employees have held their jobs for over a decade.
- The average job tenure for a Krew member is 4 years.
- Our Krew members build skills and a network that lasts a lifetime.
We offer exceptional employees, fulfill social initiatives, and create lasting solutions.
1. Reliable Workers: The average one-year retention rate for our employees is 86%, compared to 30% for the average minimum-wage worker in the U.S.
2. Positive Morale: 90% of Home Depot employees are proud of our program, and 80% believe it has a positive impact on morale and customer satisfaction.
3. Diversity: Not only do we foster diversity through disability, but 40% of our Krew members are people of color and 20% are women.
4. Consumer Confidence: 60% of customers viewed The Home Depot more favorably after learning about our program.